Community Bible Church at Sunriver, Oregon is…
- A Bible-Preaching Church. We stand uncompromisingly for the unchanging Word of God. We believe “The Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword” (Hebrews 4:12), and that our mandate is to “preach the Word … in season and out” (2 Timothy 4:2). We are committed to verse-by-verse expository preaching. We believe that his Word is sufficient and relevant for all the issues of life, relationship and purpose (2 Peter 1:3).
- A Non-Denominational Church. We are not under the jurisdiction or oversight of any denominational or religious governing body. We operate autonomously as the elders are led by the Word of God and the Spirit of God.
- An Evangelical Church. We hold to the fundamental tenets of historic orthodox Christianity and reject the liberal ecumenical trends characteristic of many major denominations today.
- A Gospel, Christ-Centered Church. We believe that the gospel “is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:6), and that it is our privilege and delight to proclaim the wonderful news that salvation is by grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ (Ephesians 2:8).
- A Missions-Minded Church. We maintain a steady program of supporting and sending pastors and missionaries locally and around the world. We also recognize that as the Word of God is transforming us, it will cause us to invite others with us on our journey.
- A Family-Oriented Church. We know that the strength of our church depends on strong, godly families, and we provide an environment through precept and example that will promote biblical family life.
- A Friendly Church. While we love the truth of God, we also want to reflect the grace of God, so our doors are open wide, and we are here to minister to YOU no matter your occupation, race, background or religious upbringing. We want everyone to know “the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:14).